M is for Music Monday's
T is for Trivia Tuesday's
W is for Written Word Wednesday's
T is for Silent T Thursday's
F is for Fashion Friday's
S is for Sexy Science Saturday's and Sunday's

Wednesday 11 June 2008

It's worthing waiting for.. Music Monday on a Thursday...

The full Splendour in the Grass line-up has been announced...


I like it... I like it a lot - some bands I have seen before and can't wait to see again.. Other bands I have seen a few times too many but they are always a good show if nothing else is on. Other bands I can't wait to see for the first time.. And yet others I have NO idea who they are but am looking forward to finding out...




SPLENDOUR IN THE GRASS 2008

The Polyphonic Spree, New Young Pony Club, Yves Klein Blue, Lyrics Born, Tokyo Police Club, Little Red, Clare Bowditch, bluejuice, Robert Forster (he of The Go-Betweens fame), The Drones, Hadouken!, Bliss n Eso, Paul Dempsey, Katalyst, Even, British India, The Galvatrons, Delta Spirit, Slot Machine, The Black Stars, Van She Tech, Bag Raiders, Soft Tigers Food Fight, E.L.F DJ, Kato and pob, join Devo, Wolfmother, Sigur Ros, The Living End, The Presets, Tricky, Vampire Weekend, Ben Lee, Cold War Kids, The Fratellis, The Wombats, Pnau, Laura Marling, The Vines, The Grates, Operator Please, Band of Horses, Van She, The Panics, Gyroscope, Mstrkrft, Lightspeed Champion, The Brown Birds from Windy Hill, Scribe, The Music, The Gin Club



Soo here is my original post before any bands were announced..

Yves Klien Blue - new EP and signed to Dew Process.

Port O'Brien - new to Dew Process - new release out in May (will be in Europe around May/June so why not head on over to Aus for July/August??).

Other Dew Process probabilities =

Tokyo Police Club - nothing new out as yet but who knows...

A few others but not ones I really see coming to Splendour (and others - namely The Grates, Sarah Blasko, Powerderfinger etc - GIVE IT A REST DEW PROCESS they have had their time at Splendour time for new bands OK!!!

also....

The Panics (I think they will be "the back up someone dropped out band" - they played last year but they are touring a new album Cruel Guards)..

Be Your Own PET - I <3 this band - they so should have been here after their first album but I am guessing with a second just released they might just make it (although without old drummer Jamin Orral they might not have "the sound" like they used too)

The Fumes - they played support for QotSA, besides they are "perfect" for this festival - NO idea why they have never played it before now, but with second album on the way I say LOOK OUT....

Rumours floating around the internet (the ones in BOLD I believe have a chance) =

The Hives
Radiohead
Vampire Weekend
Hot Chip
Regina Spektor
These New Puritans
Nick Cave
Pendulum
Presets
Gyroscope
Pnau
Bluejuice
Bridezilla

_______________________________________________

Benicassim line up so far = Sigur Rós

_______________________________________________



Fuji Rock Festival = The Music;

_______________________________________________



Ones I think that AREN'T going to be coming from these line ups =

My Bloody Valentine (doing by of the festivals I doubt they would add Splendour as a third festival in what TWO weeks).

Babyshambles
- well with singer in Gaol I doubt they will even be doing Benicassim let alone anywhere else.



I didn't do too badly really did I...

Next week I will discuss who I can't wait to see and who I will NOT go and see..

Tell me if YOU were coming who would you see and who would you steer clear of??

2 comments:

Cassandra Doyle said...

Do you know what I think will rock about the line up?? There is no absolute stand out acts.. I mean there are - but it doesn't feel like there are lots of ok bands with 2 or 3 outstanding acts - you know the ones you build your whole festival around i.e. Me at IOW!
I think it is solid performances all day - if your having fun somewhere else you could stay there - it wouldnt be then end of the world.... Yep could be fun I say!!

Mhor said...

Yeah I agree with you..