M is for Music Monday's
T is for Trivia Tuesday's
W is for Written Word Wednesday's
T is for Silent T Thursday's
F is for Fashion Friday's
S is for Sexy Science Saturday's and Sunday's

Sunday 18 May 2008

What is a Masters worth?

Apparently to John Hopkins (now this is a world class hospital/university - very prestigious and I would imagine the pick of the top in any field) - not that much...


Qualifications: Master’s degree in genetic counseling required. Board-certified or Board-eligible required.

Approximate Starting Salary: $36,536 - $50,301




Am I expecting too much? That is a salary I wouldn't even look at on just a Bachelor of Science NOT a Masters in Genetic Counseling... Genetic Counselors are in great demand now days - I know it is one of the jobs you can get a UK work visa turning into aplication for residency for.. Really would you move all the way over the other side of the world for $36 thousand a year _ HELL no... I am earning more than that now at GE Money in a call centre...



Hmm well this sounds interesting and it's a Masters in Science - THIS is the amount I would expect to be earning...

Cardiovascular perfusionists - In 2006 the salary range for most perfusionists was $87,569 to $105,609 per year. The median salary was $96,144.

Ok I probably wouldn't have expected quite this amount myself BUT as a Master's Degree I say this is what you would be wanting to aim for..

So what do you think - Natalie Doyle Cardiovascular Perfusionist anyone???



Ps in case you were wondering what one was when I saw it on the salary website - I wanted to know who was earning so much money and what the hell they did...

ACardiovascular Perfusionist, also known as a clinical perfusionist, is a trained health professional who operates the heart-lung machine during cardiac surgery and other surgeries that require cardiopulmonary bypass.

3 comments:

Cassandra Doyle said...

Yeah being a perfusionist would probably be pretty cool. Just get some good thermals for under your scrubs!!!! Oh and be prepared to work the hours of a health professional :D
But could be cool????

p.s. The counsellor probably earns more money with on call etc etc etc

Mhor said...

I don't know if they actually work that way Cas - or if they are more of a 9-5 make an apt to see one type thingy.. That's how it's always come across to me. But even with on call work I still wouldn't want a starting salary of $35,000

Mhor said...

ps = he's wearing a jumper..

click me